- Published: 11 October 2017
The exhibition A museum: life and sea histories was launched in November 2016, related with the celebration of the National Sea Day. Its aim is to raise awareness of the Madeira Whale Museum and its mission. It deals with aspects of the history of the museum; explores the subject areas that form the permanent exhibit: whaling in Madeira (1941-1981) and the life of Cetaceans; gets to know the Institution units: museology/history, science and education; reveals results of the works developed and shows elements that represent the cultural diversity of the Museum.
Being on display in places with a large public affluence and that covered the whole Island was the main goal. A year passed by and thus it was possible to achieve the objectives that were planned. We just want to thank all the Institutions who hosted the exhibition.
- Madeira Shopping, Funchal
- Centro Comercial La Vie, Funchal
- Aeroporto da Madeira – Cristiano Ronaldo, Santa Cruz
- Parque Temático da Madeira, Santana
- Escola Gonçalves Zarco, Funchal,
- Conferências do Mar – Casino da Madeira, Funchal